Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!


These seeds scanned with actual graph paper background .


Well, I didn't get as much done during the Christmas break as I had hoped.



 It looked like I was going to have 2 weeks off from work but it ended up being only 2 1/2 days off, which is fine since it means I got more $.
Plant id in question, may not be correct.









I had planned to scan lots of seed images and reference them to a background grid during the 2 week lay off but I did get a little bit done. 


My first attempts, many months ago, included using an actual graph paper background; but, I believe the computer generated background will be easier to work with, once I figure out how to do it efficiently.




 
Here are a few of the final products. It is kind of a tedious and time consuming project but I may be able to speed it up after working out some of the kinks.





However, my next class starts next week so I will be spending most of my free time on that for  the next few months.





One thing I need to figure out is how to make the shadow look more realistic when overlaying the seed images onto the grid image.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment